Sleeping in my brace

Curvy Girls Forum allows girls impacted by scoliosis from all around the world to share their common experiences, give and get advise, while feeling connected.
Zeeta the dog

Re: Sleeping in my brace

Post by Zeeta the dog »

Izobel000 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:03 pm
Zeeta the dog wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:56 pm
LaneyCakes wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:34 am Hey Mackenna! I hope you feel comfortable here in the curvygirls forum! The advice that I have is that you should sleep on the side that is opposite of your curve, I have a curve to my right so I sleep on the left. My schroth therapist told me that gravity pushes against your curve so it helps the brace. I also recommend getting a body pillow and putting another pillow between your legs so the edge of the brace doesn't hurt your leg when you are laying down. (Like Caroline said lol) On a completely different note, you should read "Braced" by Allison Gerber if you haven't already. It is about a girl who has scoliosis, and it helped me feel like I am not alone. It also has some good advice/tips!
Yeah. Another great book about a girl in 7th grade with scoliosis that I'd totally recommend is Dear Isaac Newton, You're Ruining My Life by Rachel Hruza.
I've never heard of that book Zeeta! I'll definitely check it out - thank you so much!!
No prob! I really loved it! I didn't as much enjoy Braced because I never finished it. I'm really not into sports and soccer, so I didn't really like that the main character was waaay into it. But I gave it a fair try and the part that I did read was pretty good. Except for the soccer game at the beginning.
👋 Zeeta ❤️😘
~~~
In between 27-35° Lumbar C curve
Charleston night brace
12 years old

Izobel000

Post by Izobel000 »

Zeeta the dog wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:12 pm

Yeah. Another great book about a girl in 7th grade with scoliosis that I'd totally recommend is Dear Isaac Newton, You're Ruining My Life by Rachel Hruza.
I've never heard of that book Zeeta! I'll definitely check it out - thank you so much!!
No prob! I really loved it! I didn't as much enjoy Braced because I never finished it. I'm really not into sports and soccer, so I didn't really like that the main character was waaay into it. But I gave it a fair try and the part that I did read was pretty good. Except for the soccer game at the beginning.
Yeah, I could understand that. I liked Braced, but it definitely wasn't one of my favs. I didn't know that there were other scoliosis-related novels, I'm so excited to read it now!!
izobel
2nd Boston brace
curves ~ 19 and 36
"stay afraid, but do it anyway."
Zeeta the dog

Post by Zeeta the dog »

Izobel000 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:15 pm

Yeah, I could understand that. I liked Braced, but it definitely wasn't one of my favs. I didn't know that there were other scoliosis-related novels, I'm so excited to read it now!!
:) And if you haven't got it yet, there's Straight Talk With The Curvy Girls, written by Robin Stoltz, the mom of the founder of CG. I liked it a lot!
👋 Zeeta ❤️😘
~~~
Charleston night brace
12 years old

Izobel000

Post by Izobel000 »

Yes, I've read that book - Its AMAZING!
izobel
2nd Boston brace
curves ~ 19 and 36
"stay afraid, but do it anyway."
Zeeta the dog

Post by Zeeta the dog »

Izobel000 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:33 pm Yes, I've read that book - Its AMAZING!
Ikr!!!!!
👋 Zeeta ❤️😘
~~~
Charleston night brace
12 years old

Abby18

Post by Abby18 »

LaneyCakes wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:34 am Hey Mackenna! I hope you feel comfortable here in the curvygirls forum! The advice that I have is that you should sleep on the side that is opposite of your curve, I have a curve to my right so I sleep on the left. My schroth therapist told me that gravity pushes against your curve so it helps the brace. I also recommend getting a body pillow and putting another pillow between your legs so the edge of the brace doesn't hurt your leg when you are laying down. (Like Caroline said lol) On a completely different note, you should read "Braced" by Allison Gerber if you haven't already. It is about a girl who has scoliosis, and it helped me feel like I am not alone. It also has some good advice/tips!
I haven't read 'Braced' but I've been wanting to read scoliosis related books!
Abby
11 years old
45 degree curve
Boston Brace
Abby18

Post by Abby18 »

Cool!! I haven't read that one either -thanks!
Abby
11 years old
45 degree curve
Boston Brace
Abby18

Post by Abby18 »

Ooh, yeah, I'm not that much into sports either
Abby
11 years old
45 degree curve
Boston Brace
Abby18

Post by Abby18 »

Zeeta the dog wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:35 pm
Izobel000 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:33 pm Yes, I've read that book - Its AMAZING!
Ikr!!!!!
:D
Abby
11 years old
45 degree curve
Boston Brace
LaneyCakes

Post by LaneyCakes »

I will check out "Dear Isaac Newton, You're ruining My Life" and "Straight Talk With the CurvyGirls" ✨