Clothes to wear of my Boston brace for school

Curvy Girls Forum allows girls impacted by scoliosis from all around the world to share their common experiences, give and get advise, while feeling connected.
mlj10839

Clothes to wear of my Boston brace for school

Post by mlj10839 »

Hi girls :) do any of you guys have good suggestions for shirts to wear over my Boston brace.I am going in to middle school this year and I want to look decent (although I have big boobs and I wear a c cup bra and don’t want my boobs to look like they are ginormous). Please let me know if you have any good suggestions!
Slimequeen08

Re: Clothes to wear of my Boston brace for school

Post by Slimequeen08 »

mlj10839 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:59 am Hi girls :) do any of you guys have good suggestions for shirts to wear over my Boston brace.I am going in to middle school this year and I want to look decent (although I have big boobs and I wear a c cup bra and don’t want my boobs to look like they are ginormous). Please let me know if you have any good suggestions!
You will look amazing, no matter what you wear!
Wishing you well! <3
Anna-12
Oliviaosis

Post by Oliviaosis »

I agree with Anna, you will look amazing just the way you are, for me, loose shirts work best, that way I don’t see the outline of my brace, another thing that works best for me is wearing my pants, shorts, skirts, etc, under my brace, that way, my butt doesn’t look like a box butt, anyways, every brace in different, and just because I said my butt looked like a box butt when I wore my pants over my brace, it doesn’t mean your brace will do the same. Another thing that might be helpful is going to malls with your brace on, and trying on clothes. (Only if your comfortable going to malls.) Keep in mind, You are BEAUTIFUL just the way you are, and don’t have negative thoughts, have positive thoughts, when I got my brace, on thing that would get me down is how I looked, so I would have all these negative thoughts that weren’t helpful. So stay positive!
Olivia
S Curve
19 and 23 degrees
Boston Brace
Abby18

Post by Abby18 »

Yes, I agree with Anna and Olivia, you will look so great no matter what. I don't have MUCH tips, but loose shits do kind of work better, so you don't see the brace as much. Hope everything goes well!
Abby
11 years old
45 degree curve
Boston Brace
OlympiaCG

Post by OlympiaCG »

mlj10839 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:59 am Hi girls :) do any of you guys have good suggestions for shirts to wear over my Boston brace.I am going in to middle school this year and I want to look decent (although I have big boobs and I wear a c cup bra and don’t want my boobs to look like they are ginormous). Please let me know if you have any good suggestions!
I would definitely recommend going to the mall, or stores, and trying on clothes and figuring out what works, i like sweaters, sweatshirts, leggings, loose shirts, jean shorts, and more. If you are not comfortable going to the store you can always shop online and send back what you dont like. Your gonna look amazing no matter what
I have worn a brace for 6 1/2 years
S curve
Top 19 bottom 37
mlj10839

Post by mlj10839 »

Thank you all and yes i do try to stay positive at all times
Abby18

Post by Abby18 »

Of course. That's great by the way! You got this! :)
Abby
11 years old
45 degree curve
Boston Brace
Zeeta the dog

Post by Zeeta the dog »

Hey! I'd recommend a loose shirt for sure, and additional ways to sort of hide the brace is having a shirt with a busy or very colorful and complex pattern. that way the complicated pattern will sort of distract from the boxy-ness of the brace and people will not notice that there is anything different because their eyes are more drawn to the busy pattern than to the edges of the back brace. hope this helps!
👋 Zeeta ❤️😘
~~~
In between 27-35° Lumbar C curve
Charleston night brace
12 years old

LaneyCakes

Post by LaneyCakes »

I tend to where more baggy shirts with the length slightly higher than my knees. Also, wearing bold colors helps hide the brace from being shown under clothes. (Which would normally happen with lighter pastel colors for me)

But really, it's up to you! I know how it feels to feel embarrassed about the brace and finding the need to hide it.
Just remember, you are great no matter what!