Airports?

Curvy Girls Forum allows girls impacted by scoliosis from all around the world to share their common experiences, give and get advise, while feeling connected.
oliviag8245

Airports?

Post by oliviag8245 »

Hi everyone!

Have any of you guys flown with your brace, and if so, does the metal detector go off when you're wearing your brace? I might be flying in a few months and since the last time I flew was before bracing, I'm just curious.

Olivia :)
Abby18

Re: Airports?

Post by Abby18 »

Hey! I haven't been to an airport or flown with my brace so, I'm not so sure, sorry. Anyways, some girls here probably have, so I'm sure they'll have some advice for you :)

By the way, I'll put links of past posts on this CG forum regarding metal detectors in case you want to take a look at them. There's quite a few replies on these ones so, I hope this helps at least a little!

Here are the links-

viewtopic.php?p=33979#p33979

viewtopic.php?p=3975#p3975

viewtopic.php?p=33123#p33123
Abby
11 years old
45 degree curve
Boston Brace
oliviag8245

Post by oliviag8245 »

Okay, thank you so much! I'll take a look at those posts :)
Oliviaosis

Post by Oliviaosis »

Hey, I haven’t had an issue with my brace through security, at first I was really nervous, but I sometimes tell the police working at the security area, and they are really nice about it! A few times, I also take off my brace through security.

🎃 Liv
Olivia
S Curve
19 and 23 degrees
Boston Brace
CurvyCaroline

Post by CurvyCaroline »

Last time I flew, I took my brace off and put in a bag and sent it through the x ray machine with our bags. Hope this helped!
Caroline
10 years old
Thoracic 15 degrees
Lumbar 13 degrees
Has a Boston Brace

OlympiaCG

Post by OlympiaCG »

I have had a brace for 7 years and flown many time with it. I have only had a problem once when i went through the scaner instead of the metal detecter. If you are really worried take it off and put it with your bags. and if worse comes to worse just talk to the security people, there always nice and the will understand.
I have worn a brace for 6 1/2 years
S curve
Top 19 bottom 37
elise25

Post by elise25 »

oliviag8245 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:56 pm Hi everyone!

Have any of you guys flown with your brace, and if so, does the metal detector go off when you're wearing your brace? I might be flying in a few months and since the last time I flew was before bracing, I'm just curious.

Olivia :)
at ORD (o'hare chicago), I mentioned it and a same gender TSA officer swabbed my brace with those brown things. At MCO (orlando) I said nothing and they said nothing :)
Elise 🌻🌈
13 years old
20 degree curve, Boston Brace