How long did it take?

Curvy Girls Forum allows girls impacted by scoliosis from all around the world to share their common experiences, give and get advise, while feeling connected.
Izobel000

Re: How long did it take?

Post by Izobel000 »

It only took me around 2 weeks! :)
izobel
14 years old
curves ~ 20 & 36
Em(brace)

Post by Em(brace) »

Izobel000 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:52 pm It only took me around 2 weeks! :)
Gosh! That’s quick. I’m a pretty good sleeper, but sometimes get insomnia!

-PK
S curve
14 & 23 degrees
Boston brace
PK
13 years old
S Curve
15 and 24 degrees
“God has a perfect plan for you”

Abby18

Post by Abby18 »

It took me around 2 or so weeks also. I recommend having pillows, I got a body pillow and that helps give extra support to my back. And any other pillows you have, you can experiment in putting them in different areas and see what's the most comfortable. You got this!! It's tough at first, but eventually it'll get easier and soon, you'll be looking back and giving other girls advice. :) Good luck girl!!
Abby :)
12 years old
45 degree curve
1st boston brace for 9 and a half months
On my 2nd Brace
Em(brace)

Post by Em(brace) »

Okay! Thanks!!!
PK
13 years old
S Curve
15 and 24 degrees

Abby18

Post by Abby18 »

Em(brace) wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:20 pm Thanks Olivia! Guess what?! I’m getting a higgy bear! Any name ideas?
I'm so glad you're getting a higgy bear!! Curvy girls also introduced me to higgy bears when it was my first few days getting my brace, when i joined. I have a higgy koala and I named her violet. She had a Boston brace with butterflies (like the brace I used to have). I don't have a higgy bear for my brace now that I got a new brace, because they don't have the type of new brace I have. I don't exactly know the new type of brace that I have, (It's kinda odd, I know xD) but it is a white brace with 2 elastic black straps that start in the back, and wrap around to my front. :)))
12 years old
45 degree curve
On my 2nd Brace
Abby18

Post by Abby18 »

Em(brace) wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:47 pm Okay! Thanks!!!
Of course! let us know if you ever need anything, we're here for you guys! <3
12 years old
45 degree curve
On my 2nd Brace
Em(brace)

Post by Em(brace) »

Abby18 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:52 pm
Em(brace) wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:47 pm Okay! Thanks!!!
Of course! let us know if you ever need anything, we're here for you guys! <3
Awwwww! Thanks Abby!

-PK
S curve~14 & 23
Boston brace soon
PK
13 years old
S Curve
15 and 24 degrees

oliviag8245

Post by oliviag8245 »

Abby18 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:51 pm
Em(brace) wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:20 pm Thanks Olivia! Guess what?! I’m getting a higgy bear! Any name ideas?
I'm so glad you're getting a higgy bear!! Curvy girls also introduced me to higgy bears when it was my first few days getting my brace, when i joined. I have a higgy koala and I named her violet. She had a Boston brace with butterflies (like the brace I used to have). I don't have a higgy bear for my brace now that I got a new brace, because they don't have the type of new brace I have. I don't exactly know the new type of brace that I have, (It's kinda odd, I know xD) but it is a white brace with 2 elastic black straps that start in the back, and wrap around to my front. :)))
That brace sounds kind of like mine! I have an LA brace and it's a more form-fitted white brace with two grayish velcro straps that start in the back & wrap to my front, so that's kind of funny.
- Olivia G
S Curve 45˚ and 36˚
3 braces now looking at surgery
14 y/o
Image[/url]
Em(brace)

Post by Em(brace) »

I'll send a pic when I get Sunny (pre-named higgy bear)
PK
13 years old
S Curve
15 and 24 degrees

Abby18

Post by Abby18 »

oliviag8245 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:58 pm
That brace sounds kind of like mine! I have an LA brace and it's a more form-fitted white brace with two grayish velcro straps that start in the back & wrap to my front, so that's kind of funny.
Oh yeah! Hm that's interesting
12 years old
45 degree curve
On my 2nd Brace